In pre-kindergarten we harness the natural curiosity of young children to engage students in play based learning. Pre-kindergarten is more about the process of learning than the product and we are developing thinkers.
We help cultivate a desire for literacy through exposure to a wide range of high quality literature. Our practical concrete approach to math creates a strong foundation with which to begin their school career.
Most importantly God’s grace, mercy and role as creator is evident, not only in our curriculum, but in our goal to teach students the way they were designed to learn. At this stage of development teaching children the way they learn means movement, memorization, singing, chanting and hands on exposure. Teachers strive to cultivate an atmosphere of respect, love and grace that is honoring to our faith.
A Typical Day
● Morning Meeting and Calendar Time introduces days of the week, months, number recognition, color words, patterns and weather.
● Bible and Character Time focuses on relatable bible stories and introduces positive character traits
● Literacy introduces letter recognition and formation as well as a variety of high quality children’s literature spanning from the Ancient Greek storyteller Aesop to the classic works of Hans Christian Andersen or the modern tales of Jan Brett.
● World Exploration exposes students to developmentally appropriate Science & Social studies concepts, to help them gain a better understanding of the world around them.
● Regular art and music integration
● Daily Snack & Playtime