Any upper school student, at their parents’ counsel, is permitted to enroll in CCP coursework; however, the credits required to graduate from Westside Christian Academy are part of a carefully planned, intentional progression consistent with Classical Christian education. For that reason, core coursework will not be substituted by college-level courses in the same subject area; however, students may earn elective WCA credits by taking CCP courses. Exceptions may apply.
- CCP is a state funded option for obtaining college credit while a student is in high school
- WCA will be offering elective course credits obtained through Cedarville University to qualified Upper School students
- High School (WCA) transcript will include selected electives course credit
- Families can chose to have their students take coursework outside of Cedarville which will count towards their college transcript, but not their high school transcript from WCA
- The timeline for funding from Ohio is critical & parents are responsible for following ODE and Cedarville deadlines (current deadlines listed below)
WCA will offer transcript credit for the following dual enrollment elective courses in 2018-19
- Personal Finance
- Politics & American Culture
- American History I/II
- Intro to Psychology
- Cultural Anthropology
- Other Approved Elective Coursework
Tuition is covered by Ohio’s CCP program for all who apply & have been accepted into Cedarville
Textbooks are not covered by Ohio CCP for private or homeschool students, but WCA will purchase textbooks on behalf of our students.
- 2/1: Letter of Intent (LOI) to participate in College Credit Plus (CCP) window opens (must have prior to college application)
- 2/1: Open SAFE account: https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal
- 2/15: First day to submit LOI Form for College Credit Plus: http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topics/Quality-School-Choice/Private-Schools/College-Credit-Plus-for-Nonpublic-School-Families/Nonpublic-Intent-to-Participate-CCP-form.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US
- 4/1: Last day to submit LOI – Email LOI toCCPIntentLetter@education.ohio.go
- 4/4: Cedarville University (CU) online class application due
- 4/13: Complete Funding Application, including acceptance letter to CU and any other college family chooses, & completed SAFE account, must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST.
Mid May-ODE communication on funding sent to students