Latin Update – March 31
It came to my attention that the word search on the back side of the Latin worksheet that was sent home was a little tricky, so I created a quick video explanation to help students get started. You can view it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ioCa4BnglV-A0iSfc9Npe_ezLMbToQgN/view?usp=sharing. Hopefully that helps! If not, please feel free to reach out to me and I will do my best to coach your student through it remotely!
Spelling Chants for 4th Grade – Both Classes
For review before week two spelling assignment.
Click here to open pdf of 4th grade spelling chants
Weeks 1 & 2 – Pfeiffer
weeks 1 & 2 pdf
Latin Break Assignments Both Classes
4th Grade Letter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fLRvfpQWnPfiikJ9j6qchgszHtznt_lu/view?usp=sharing
Unit 3 Study Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PO_xw08GfEcpgAue_z7O_rF8oCKXXF3efkr3xthF6F4/edit?usp=sharing
Chapter 13 Memory Page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o-z-yJbNXgUHA8LsWT0DtKB4lupE4Q67/view?usp=sharing
Latin Vocabulary Practice Menu: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qdjhG3bfuWQPTbZ985npNOv5pMoXLUJpptR8YWcA5GQ/edit?usp=sharing
Schoenherr 5th Grade Readiness Worksheet (for after conference)
Week One – Schoenherr
Please have students designate a space where they store all completed assignments, so that when we are able to be together again they can turn them in for credit.
- Please read Daniel Chapter 6 in the Bible, then complete the Word Search sent home on Friday.
- Print and fill out the “My Time with the Lord” page after reading Daniel, chapter 6
- Memory verse for week: Jeremiah 29:11. When you are ready, have your parents videotape or record your recitation, and send it to me either via text (440-371-0972), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare for test originally scheduled for Thursday, March 19.
- When you are ready, have a parent administer the spelling test then scan and email or take a picture to text to me.
Each day, Monday-Thursday, read a chapter and complete the corresponding activities (Please note, be sure to write down your answers to discussion questions on a separate piece of notebook paper! Everything else can be written directly into the student study guide):
Monday: Read Adam of the Road, chapter 9, Night in Westhumble Lane, pages 109-121. Complete Student Study Guide pages 26-27. On page 27, students may cross out enrichment activity #3.
Vocabulary for Chapter 9:
- Two for mirth: joy
- He signed it under duress: force
- Smarting over being called a little fellow: feeling a sharp (usually superficial) pain
- A wavering and murky light: dark and cloudy
Tuesday: Read Adam of the Road, chapter 10, Here, Nick!, pages 125-135. Complete student study guide page 28-29. Students may cross out enrichment activity #4 on page 29.
Vocabulary for chapter 10:
- Kicking up great dollops of mud: large lumps or portions
- Looked at Adam with quizzical blue eyes: questioning
- They had the reckoning to pay: a bill or summary of what is owed
- Muttered sullenly in answer: gloomily
Wednesday: In the packet of papers that were sent home on Friday, take your Adam of the Road quiz, chapters 6-10. You may use your study guide, but NOT your book to answer questions.
Complete a 6 square storyboard of a favorite scene in chapters 6-10. For full credit, be sure to color your storyboard!
Thursday: Read Adam of the Road, chapter 11, pages 139-146, Adam Swims the Wey. Complete study guide pages 30-31.
Vocabulary, chapter 11:
- Balky at the end of a leash: refusing to go on, stopping
- The perils that beset beloved little dogs: attack
- He heard a babble of voices: chatter
- He swallowed a tankard or more of river water: large cup
Please print the math practice pages, and complete one per day.
Please print the grammar practice pages (wk 1), and complete two per day.
- Complete the Energy Conservation worksheet sent home last Friday in your packet of papers.
- OPTIONAL: Complete the Observing Momentum activity on page 17 of your science book. Record your answers to the questions on a piece of paper to turn in for credit.
- Read Science text pages 19-20 about Perpetual Motion
- Read Veritas card sent home on Friday, St. Francis of Assissi.
- Read The Prayer of St. Francis
- Complete the worksheet in complete sentences
Week Two – Schoenherr
- Read the book of Esther, chapters 1-8 in the Bible
- Print and fill out the “My Time with the Lord” page after reading Esther chapters 1-8
- Draw and color a picture of a scene from these chapters..
- Memorize Jeremiah 29:11-13. When you are ready, have your parents videotape or record your recitation, and send it to me either via text (440-371-0972), or email
Review spelling chants (1 per day)
- Rule 1: The Doubler
- Rule 2: The Final E Rule
- Rule 3: I Before E Rule
- Rule 4: Final Y Rule
- Rule 5: Ness-Ly Rule
Each day this week, choose a different rule, and write down a list of 5 words that follow that rule. At the end of the week, you should have written down 25 words total (five per rule)
(Please note, be sure to write down your answers to discussion questions on a separate piece of notebook paper! Everything else can be written directly into the student study guide):
Monday: Read Adam of the Road, Chapter 12, The Ferryman’s House, pages 149-159. Complete student study guide pages 32-33, students may cross out enrichment #2 on page 33 (we already did this in the beginning of the year! If they would like to design another for extra credit, they may!)
- Wrenching his eyes open: tearing
- “Oh,” said Adam,aghast: horrified
- Began to brandish his rod: to wave or flourish menacingly
- And beckoned to a squire: signaled with the hands
Tuesday and Wednesday (the activities will take a little longer for this chapter!): Read Adam of the Road, chapter 13, Arrows in the King’s Forest, pages 163-173. Complete student study guide pages 34-35.
- They saw one of the king’s fallow deer: a type of deer that is light brown with white spots
- He carried a lance leveled menacingly: threateningly
- Adam set off resolutely: with determination
- Who had vowed to be chivalrous: being an ideal knight, of or having to do with chivalry
Thursday: Read Adam of the Road, chapter 14, Adam to the Rescue, pages 177-190. Complete student study guide pages 36-37. Students may cross out enrichment 3.
- A stout stone house: strong
- Across a stagnant and scummy bit of water: lacking freshness or movement
- He had tarried too long: delayed
- He would resent this intrusion: to feel bitter about.
- He would resent this intrusion: invasion
Friday: Read Adam of the Road, chapter 15, St. Giles’ Fair, pages 193-205. Complete student study guide pages 38-39.
- With his keen sense of audience: sharp, intense
- He suddenly perceived: became aware of, understood
- Looked at him in perplexity: confusion
- Parliaments sitting in Winchester: assemblies of people who make laws
Please print the math practice pages, and complete one per day.
Please print the grammar practice pages (wk 2), and complete two per day.
- Read lesson 5: Force, pages 21-23, answer the “What Did We Learn” questions in writing.
- OPTIONAL: Complete the “Testing Forces” experiment in the blue box on page 22. Record your results on a piece of binder paper for credit.
- OPTIONAL: Complete the “More Forces” activity in the green box on page 23. Record your results on a piece of binder paper for credit.
Follow the instructions on the attached PDF activity: “Robin Hood, Man or Myth”.
Have fun and hope to see you soon! Hugs!
“So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
Good morning, Parents of 4th graders!