- Morning assemblies with the whole school featuring prayer, a devotion, praise songs, birthday celebrations and announcements.
- Chapel each Wednesday featuring singing, Bible recitation and a special presentation.
- Participation in a “Family Group,” a K-8 mix of students led by an 8th grader. These groups meet almost weekly for prayer, game or devotional activity.
- Daily bible instruction using Veritas Press: The life of Christ is covered using the gospels.
- Weekly scripture memorization. Memorization of the Beatitudes.
- Literature: includes The Witch of Blackbird Pond, The Hobbit, Tuck Everlasting, The Secret Garden, Wrinkle in Time, Sign of the Beaver, Susan Creek, Blackthorn Winter and Tom Sawyer. Students also have monthly book reports of various genres during the year. Students visit our school library weekly.
- Language Arts skills learned are classifying five sentence patterns using the eight parts of speech using the Shurley method. Write clear and concise paragraphs and utilize the 3-point essay, basic outlining and note-taking skills. A research report is written on a President. Spelling using The Grammar of Spelling and vocabulary workshop curriculum.
- Daily Math: Saxon curriculum Intermediate 5
- History: American History: Explorers to 1812. We also memorize a chronological timeline of events.
- Geography: We learn about the regions of the US.
- Science & Health involves the study of human anatomy and physiology. Each body system is examined to get an in depth study of the body.
- Latin: students continue to enrich their Latin vocabulary and begin to understand translations.
- Physical education two times per week.
- Fine arts classes include the study of music theory and musical performances for choir and an annual school musical. Students create original artistic expressions from a foundational instruction of the elements of art. Additionally students learn the basics of art history.
- Daily snack and lunch from home; daily recess.
- Annual participation in Field Day, Christmas program and Spring Musical and a fifth grade led chapel service.
- Some Field Trips and Special Activities
– Hale Farm
– Cleveland Museum of Natural History
– Stocker Arts
– Minister to Harbor Court residents several times each school year
– Writing letters to area pastors for Pastor Appreciation Month
– Working as reading pals with kindergarten students