- Morning assemblies with the whole school featuring prayer, a devotion, praise songs, birthday celebrations and announcements.
- Chapel each Wednesday featuring singing, Bible recitation and a special presentation.
- Participation in a “Family Group,” a K-8 mix of 10 students led by and 8th grader. These groups meet almost weekly for prayer, game or devotional activity.
- Daily bible instruction using Veritas Press: Acts through Revelation.
- Weekly scripture memorization
- Literature: Books include Call of the Wild, Christmas Carol, Tom Sawyer, Robin Hood, Moss Flower, Bronze Bow, Kidnapped and Number the Stars. Students visit our school library once each week.
- Language Arts: skills learned are classifying seven sentence pattern using the eight parts of speech in conjunction with The Shurley Method. Write clear and concise paragraphs and utilize the 3-point and five paragraph essay. Writing a two page research paper on an ancient culture. Learn basic outlining and note-taking skills. Spelling using the Spalding method and vocabulary curriculum; Grammar using the Shurley method.
- Daily math according to the student’s ability/achievement level: Saxon Course 2 or PreAlgebra
- History: American History beginning 1815 to present day.
- Science & Health: Study of Chemistry and Physics with additional side studies of birds and the history of medicine.
- Latin: students continue to enrich their Latin vocabulary and begin to understand translations.
- Fine arts classes include the study of music theory and musical performances for choir and an annual school musical. Students create original artistic expressions from a foundational instruction of the elements of art. Additionally students learn the basics of art history.
- Physical education three times per week
- Daily snack from home; daily lunch and recess
- Annual participation in Field Day, Christmas program and a sixth grade led chapel service.
- Some Field Trips and Special Activities
– Extended trips to Greenfield Village & downtown Cleveland supporting the study of Modern America
– Rocky River Nature Center
– A week at Mohican Outdoor School
– Dissection of earth worm, grasshopper and frog
– Fungus, bacteria and yeast produced foods feast