Everything we do focuses not only on building foundations for reading, math, science and academic subjects but also on growing spiritually. From handwriting to conversation practice we strive to praise God with our best here in Kindergarten!
Morning assembly once a week featuring prayer, a devotion, praise songs and announcements
Chapel each Wednesday with singing, Bible recitation (K-6) and a message or special presentation.
- Participation in a “Family Group,” a K-8 mix of 10 students led by an 8th grader. These groups meet almost weekly for prayer, game or devotional activity.
- Daily Bible lessons that teach students foundational stories throughout the Old Testament and the Life of Christ.
- Weekly scripture memorization through song and regular prayer time
- Spalding’s The Writing Road to Reading program to teach the 70 phonograms
- Literature work: genres of literature, purposes for reading and lots of enjoyment reading
- Daily math: Hands on approach utilizing manipulatives with the Saxon curriculum
- Calendar Time: Date, days of the week, months of the year, number recognition, counting by 1, 2, 5, 10, and 100, introduction to place value, patterns and weather
- Social Studies curriculum including units on Community Helpers, America and World Cultures as well as Christian and Patriotic holidays.
- Science including units on many of God’s creations: Living and Non-Living Organisms, Light and Space as well as manmade creations.
- Monthly God’s World News magazine mixes age appropriate science, history and current events into a fun learning experience.
- Music, art or physical education with a specialist everyday
- Regular library time
- Daily healthy snack from home
- Daily playtime: indoor play centers
- Daily recess
- Rest or quiet time for full-day students
- Annual participation in Field Day, Christmas program and Spring Musical and a Kindergarten led chapel service.
- Afternoon enrichment centers
- Field trips that may include: Fire Station, Hillside Orchard, the Lake Erie Nature Center and the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)